Monday, November 9, 2015

Busy weekend...but aren't they all?

The days and weeks are flying and before you know it, Christmas will be upon us! 

The Christmas open houses are starting at business around here.  They seem to start earlier and earlier every year.  Marie, Sharon and I went to the Room to Room open house on Friday afternoon.  It's a furniture store with the most beautiful furniture.  In addition to furniture, they have beautiful accessories and Christmas decorations.  We always look forward to the food at the open house too!

These little Christmas mice are so cute and tasty!


They are made with a Hershey's chocolate kiss and a chocolate dipped maraschino cherry, leaving the stem on for the tail.  The ears are slivered almonds and little dots of gel for the eyes and ears.  The kids would love these too!

They had many food stations but this one is a mashed potato bar with all kinds of toppings.  Sharon and Marie are partaking!  Of course, I did too!


There was a hot chocolate bar, a fruit and cheese bar and I can't even remember everything else!  I'm beginning to get in the Christmas spirit!!

Sunday the kids and grands came over for lunch and then we had another photo shoot, this time of all of the kids.  Heather wanted to get some pictures for Christmas cards and I wanted to get some pictures of the three grands.  Fortunately it was a beautiful day and I got some great pictures!!  I'll post some of those later but here are some outtakes...

The crazies!


Striking a pose!


Annoying her brother just like Heather and Ben used to do, except back then it was Ben annoying Heather!


Just for fun!


We asked for a serious face but I think they mistook that for a sad face.


We took some pictures in an alley downtown, then noticed the Coors beer boxes to the left...oops!


I did get some that I absolutely love like this one!


I can't believe how grown up they all look!

No comments:

Post a Comment