Thursday, August 18, 2016

LA Flood

I know you've seen on the news about the flooding in Louisiana.  It's been terrible.  I can't imagine the loss and devastation.  Denham Springs was hit especially hard with 90% of the homes under water.  That's so hard to imagine!

Tricia's daughter and her husband used to live in Denham Springs but moved to Florida not too long ago.  They kept their house which they rent out.  Fortunately it was one of the 10% that was spared.  Still, that's home for them and they are devastated for the people in that area.

When Doug heard of the flooding there he immediately thought of the guy who bought his old '48 Plymouth several years ago.  They've kept in touch and Doug sees him at Cruisin' the Coast every year.  Doug sent him a message asking if they were okay and he sent back a picture of his old car.


He said it took on about two feet of water.  Though I'm sure this old car is the least of his problems right now, it's heartbreaking to see this old classic ruined. 

I just can't imagine all they are dealing with right now.  My prayers are with them.

*****

I had lunch with Nelda Anderson Nelson yesterday along with her sisters and some other friends.


Nelda is the "baby" of 10 children.  I haven't seen her sisters in years.  How nice to see them all again!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, that is my friend, Wanda Mintern's Mom..in that picture...and I recognize that Aunt on the right. Small World!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and please continue to pray for the LA flood...Such hard work ahead. Keep Terry in your prayers, he heads up the disaster relief team for our denomination in the state and hasn't stopped since last Sunday...I don't know how he is doing it. 5 of our churches and many, many members have had their churches, parsonages and homes destroyed.

    ReplyDelete