Monday, August 22, 2016

The Museum of Science and Industry

I had intentions of posting early today but somehow the day got away from me.  Got a call about noon that Cameron was sick and Ben asked me to pick him up and take him to the doctor.  He has strep throat.  He got two shots and an oral antibiotic so he should be feeling better in no time! 

Cameron and Harrison spent the day and night with us on Saturday.  I took them to House of Bounce that afternoon.


I don't know why Cameron has such a silly look on his face! 

They played outside that afternoon and decided to clean up Cameron's old wagon.  More than anything they love playing in the water!


They played basketball, drove the golf cart, we all played scrabble and put a puzzle together.  They kept us quite busy!  They went to Sunday School and church with us, then home.  Time for us to rest!!

****
After a tiring (but fun!) day at Six Flags, we decided to sleep a little later and meet for lunch at Portillo's.


Good hot dogs!!

Then we headed to Chicago to the Museum of Science and Industry.  I hadn't been to the museum in many, many years.  We used to go on field trips to the museum when I was in grade school.  I remember some of my very favorite exhibits and they were still there.

One of my favorites was the Fairy Castle or the doll house as we called it.



It's still a favorite and I find it fascinating!

Another favorite was the babies.


I can't imagine anyone would believe in abortion after seeing these babies!!

The kids loved watching the baby chicks hatch.




There was a great Lego exhibit that Will and Lisa took the boys to.


Everybody split up and went their own ways so it was hard to get a lot of pictures!


There were so many hands-on exhibits that were educational but so much fun!




Will helped Harrison and Cameron with the program that showed them what they would look like when they were old.



So this is Harrison.


And this is Cameron.


Kinda creepy!

Rock climbing.


Mirror Maze.


This maze was crazy!  It's a good thing Will was with us to help us get out or I might still be in there!

Randy and Heather sitting in the airplane engine.


We only had about three hours at the museum which wasn't nearly long enough.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much the kids enjoyed it.

We left the museum and drove along Lake Michigan.


Passing Soldier Field...


And Navy Pier.


We drove to the Lou Malnati's in Lincolnwood for Chicago deep-dish pizza once again.




Claire was so sweet to help Cameron wipe his mouth!


Those two really bonded!

It was another full but fun day.  We left the next morning and headed home.  I hope we made good memories for the kids!

1 comment: