Monday, May 16, 2016

Catching up!

I've had a couple of messages asking if I'm okay because I haven't updated the blog lately.  I'm okay...just been busy!  I'll try to catch up so hang on!

I started off May with Decoration Day at my mom and dad's cemetery.  It was always important to our mother that the graves be decorated.  I think it's a southern thing!



Karen always makes sure they have flowers, along with my grandmother.

I met some good friends there...Shirley Timmons, Ray and Ellie Bohannon, Marie Stevens, Peggy Templeton and Ray Austin.  All of these are former Zion people and they all have relatives buried in the same cemetery.


The next weekend was Blue Suede Cruise.  Bob Pushee came down and he always brings Kringle.  Cameron loves this stuff!




We polished off the apricot one in record time, enjoying every bite of it!

The weekend was spent at Blue Suede Cruise and Doug got his "new" car done just in time!




Still some things to work out but it made its maiden voyage just a couple of days before BSC.  Doug works best under pressure!

Doug's brother Richard and his son Matt and Doug's nephew Mark came for BSC too.


All the Harrison men right there!

Ben drove the Valiant for the weekend.  Cam loved that!


It was Mother's Day on Sunday so Heather, Emma Taylor, Harrison and Ben went to church with me, then Doug met us for lunch.



Cameron was with his mom so no pictures of him with Mr. Mom!

The house is finally back together and I'm enjoying my new kitchen!  In between all that I painted this table with chalk paint and used dark wax on it to give it the antiqued look.  The table used to be dark wood but was getting beat up from all the use. 


It was more work than I expected but I like the way it turned out.  I probably should have chosen an easier piece for my very first chalk paint experience!

May is when the flowers pop here and I love it!

This Confederate Jasmine and Clematis mix is beautiful and smells heavenly!! 



The spirea is in full bloom.




I'm enjoying them while I can because soon they will be gone.

We've been doing a lot of baseball with both our boys playing.  They usually have games three or four nights a week.  That keeps us running.





 
Friday night the two teams played each other.  Harrison is batting and Cameron is pitching.  That makes for a nervous grandmother!  I just wanted them both to do well!
 

So that' about it...except for a big announcement from Heather!  She's getting married!  Most of you know this and she'll be getting married on May 25th which is Doug's 70th birthday.  What a nice birthday present!  I had a get together last Monday so the families could meet each other which included Randy, his mom and stepdad, his sons Sam and Bowen and his sister Lara.  Ben and Cameron were with us too and Ben grilled burgers for us.  We have known his mom and stepdad for a long time as we went to church with them for years.  They are really nice people.  It made getting together much more comfortable. 

So we have had a lot going on but hopefully things are about to settle down with the ending of the school year and the house being finished.  I would really love to have a relaxing summer!

1 comment:

  1. Great "Catch-Up"! Now let's stay current, HA! I hope your summer is relaxing as well....that is what I am going for!

    ReplyDelete